The opportunities for businesses when accessing new markets
Date - 12/01/2018
8:00 am - 10:00 am
How to access new markets overseas and locally
Be the first to hear the quarter 4 results of the Sheffield City Region Quarterly Economic Survey. Dr. David Littlewood, Sheffield University Management School, will reveal how businesses in the region are faring in the current economic climate, whether Brexit is presenting new opportunities for accessing new markets locally and internationally, and what support they need to overcome current challenges.
Plus, hear from the Regional Director for Yorkshire and the Humber, Mark Robson from the Department for International Trade (DIT) who are responsible for promoting British trade across the world and ensuring the UK takes advantage of the huge opportunities. DIT encourages and supports businesses to export and help to identify key opportunities. In the Yorkshire and the Humber region they have over 25 International Trade and e-Commerce Advisers who support local businesses with face-to-face meetings along with dedicated and impartial advice.
There will be a panel discussion with local business leaders discussing The struggles that businesses face when accessing new markets”, chaired by Greg Wright, Yorkshire Post.
Last quarter’s survey highlighted that businesses struggle to access new markets. At this event we will be holding a “How to access new markets” workshop; an International Trade Adviser, from the DIT, will guide you through the vast live opportunities available to you across the world, introduce you to available funding, highlight emerging markets and discuss the services offer to help you and your business begin your export journey.
- 8.00am Registration & Breakfast Networking
- 8:30am Welcome from Greg Wright, Deputy Business Editor, Yorkshire Post
- 8.35am David Budd, SC Sheffield City Region , Assistant Director for Transport
- 8.40am Sheffield City Region Quarterly Economic Survey results – Dr. David Littlewood, Lecturer in Strategic Management, Sheffield University Management School
- 8.45am “International Trade Opportunities” – Mark Robson, Regional Director for Yorkshire and Humber at the Department for International Trade.
- 9:00am Panel Debate: “The opportunities for businesses when accessing new markets”
- Chair – Greg Wright, Deputy Business Editor, Yorkshire Post
- William Beckett, Chair of the International Trade Forum
- Edward Naylor, Chief Executive of Naylor Industries Plc
- Chloe Watmore, General Manager of Thermotex Engineering Ltd
- David Campbell-Malloy, Senior Programme Manager, Sheffield City Region
- 9.25am Free Flights Prize Draw courtesy of Doncaster Sheffield Airport with Rick O’Toole, Corporate and Trade Partnership Executive
- 9.30am “How to get into new markets” workshop provided by Department for International Trade
- 10.00am Close for networking
Bookings are closed for this event.